Hello everyone! I have never met a person who does not like dumplings. We don't count vegetarians. It would seem what is special here: ordinary unleavened dough, and in it meat. But despite the simplicity of the recipe, few people would refuse such a treat.
If you want to learn how to make dumplings yourself at home, then read below 10 recipes on how to make a delicious, elastic, tender dough. Indeed, the taste of the finished dish largely depends on the quality of the shell.
I'll start the article with a classic recipe for water. And then you can learn how to knead with milk and kefir. You will also see that you can use soda and boiling water. For those who do not like kneading the dough with their hands for a long time, there is a salvation: a bread maker or a food processor.
In general, read the content and get down to business. It will definitely be delicious!
Elastic dough for homemade dumplings in water with eggs - a classic recipe
I'll start my selection of dumplings dough recipes with the classic version. Probably, most housewives do this. The result is an elastic mass, from which it is easy to sculpt. When rolling out the dough, the work surface must be dusty with flour.
Below is a recipe where additional flour is not needed during sculpting (method with vinegar).
- flour - 650 gr.
- egg - 1 pc.
- salt - 1 tablespoon
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon
- water - 250 ml
For minced meat:
- meat - 700 gr.
- onions - 300 gr.
- ground black pepper - 1 tablespoon
- salt to taste
1.Water needs room temperature. You won't be able to knead a good dough with cold water, because the flour gluten will not swell and make the mass elastic. Pour water into a deep large bowl.
2.Add the egg, salt and vegetable oil to the water. Stir to dissolve the salt.
3. Now it remains to add flour for kneading into the dough. The flour must be sifted. Pour flour in portions and stir.
4. When the dough is already steep, proceed to kneading on the table. This is the most time-consuming process, because it takes a long time to knead the mass, 7-10 minutes. It is during the kneading process that the mass on the dumplings becomes elastic and pliable.
5. The finished dough must be collected in a ball and put into a plastic bag. Leave in this form at room temperature for 1 hour to rest the lump and become the desired texture.
6. That's it, a simple, classic dumpling dough is ready. It can be mixed with a mixer or combine, which have the required function. The finished product can be stored in the refrigerator for about 5 days. You can also stick the dumplings for future use and freeze them, sprinkling them with flour so that they do not stick together.
7. Classic minced meat only needs meat, onions, salt and pepper. Take any meat: pork, beef, even poultry or a mixture. The onion should be very finely chopped, you can skip it through a meat grinder. Stir all the filling ingredients thoroughly.
8. When the dough has rested, you can start sculpting. Cut a piece from the finished mass, knead it a little. Sprinkle flour on the table and roll it into a thin layer with a rolling pin.
The thinner the layer, the tastier the dumplings will be. A thickness of about 1 mm is normal.
9. Using a stack or small round mold, make circles over the entire surface. Remove excess dough.
10. Place the filling with your hands in the center of each circle. Now blind the edges of the dumplings.
11. Dip in lightly salted boiling water. When all the dumplings come up, cook them for 4-5 minutes and you can take them out.
For more flavor of the broth, add bay leaves, peppercorns to it.
12. Delicious homemade dumplings are obtained, they do not disintegrate during cooking, are easy to mold and keep their shape well. You can eat them with sour cream, butter and even mayonnaise. Fresh herbs, finely chopped, will also add flavor. Prepare dumplings at home and enjoy the natural taste!
Choux pastry for dumplings: a universal recipe
Choux pastry is also very popular. The recipe itself is very similar to the classic one, but the water is taken not at room temperature, but boiling water. And this factor quite strongly affects the softness and structure of the finished product.
It seems to me that working with choux pastry is easier, it sticks together faster when sculpting. Try this recipe and write in the comments if you get an elastic and obedient mass.
- wheat flour of the highest grade - 450 gr.
- egg - 1 pc.
- salt - 1 tsp
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon
- boiling water - 200 ml
1. Beat one egg into a small container, add a teaspoon of salt to it. Whisk well and thoroughly until smooth. This can be done with a spoon or fork.
2.Pour the refined sunflower oil into the beaten egg and stir again.
3.In a large bowl, sift all the flour, make a depression in the middle. Pour the egg-oil mixture into the resulting funnel and stir.
Not until smooth, but stir in the egg so that it does not curl upon contact with hot water.
4. Boil water, this amount of flour will need 200 ml. Pour boiling water into the dough in portions and stir quickly.
5.Pour the contents of the bowl onto the table and knead the dough with your hands. Work carefully because the mass is still hot at this stage. Stir in flour gradually, collecting food into a ball. Take your time, this is not a quick affair.
6. Knead the mixture until smooth and smooth. All flour must be mixed in. Already now, the lump will be easy to stretch, not stick to your hands.
7. As always, the dumplings should rest. Custard will be enough to lie down for half an hour. It needs to be wrapped in plastic or covered with a towel to protect it from airing.
8. When the lump lies down, it will become very soft and elastic. It can be easily stretched with your hands and will not tear. Now you can start sculpting your homemade perfect dumplings.
9.Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into a thin layer. The thinner, the tastier. You can additionally stretch the layer with your hands, it is very elastic and will allow you to do this.
When working with choux dumplings, you do not need to use flour for dusting. It rolls out well and does not stick to the surface.
10. Well, then proceed as usual. Cut out the circles with a glass, put the scraps into a bag (they will need to be rolled out next time). Spread the minced meat and make neat dumplings. As you can see in the photo, the dough does not stick to your hands, you do not need to sprinkle it with flour. It is molded like plasticine.
11.Dust a little bit of flour on the board, on which you will put the finished cakes, as a safety net.
12. Cook dumplings and treat your family and do not forget about yourself. It will be 100% delicious.
The best dough for boiling water dumplings - a simple video recipe
Love short and informative video recipes? Then see how to make a very good and tasty dumplings dough. For everything to work out perfectly, you need to measure flour and water in one glass (the same). It is not the grams that are important here, but the volumes.
Water is used just that boiling, so Messer's dough slowly, not to burn.
- top grade flour - 3 tbsp.
- Boiling water - 1 tbsp.
- egg - 1 pc.
- Sunflower refined oil - 3 tbsp.
- Salt - 0.5 ppm
Well, how tasty?
How to knead a subtle dumplings on milk hands?
It is believed that dough on dumplings should be done on water with an egg. But try to do at least once on milk. And you will see what it will be delicate. It is much softer than the classic one. It is like pancakes on milk and water - much more tender on milk, just melted in the mouth. The same here, the difference will be noticeable.
Products need a little - only 3 positions. Flour take the highest grade to make the dough it is elastic.
- Flour - 3 tbsp.
- Milk - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - chipotch
1. Miloco should not be cold, room temperature. Therefore, get it in advance from the refrigerator (at least half an hour). If there is no time to wait, then warm the liquid slightly. As you can see, the eggs do not need to be used.
2. In a rather deep dishes, ask the flour to saturate it with oxygen and get rid of lumps and possible garbage. Mix flour with salt.
3. Weight milk and stir first with a spatula or spoon. Then begin to wash your hands on the clean table.
Flour need to take 3 parts, and liquids 1 part. These are perfect proportions for good home test.
4. Sex until you get a fitful, soft, elastic mass that does not stick to the hands. Do not be lazy at this stage, because the dumplings dough loves warm hands, loves him for a long time.
5. Turn the finished shaped ball into the package or film and let it rest right on the table at least half an hour. You can make the dough in the evening, put it overnight in the refrigerator, and the next day you can do it.
6. In general, the dough on milk may well be your beloved. Further work with him, as you used. Or roll into the reservoir and cut the circles with screwdrivers, or ride flagella and cut them on the pads. Then every pillow must be finely rolled.
From this test you can do not only dumplings, but also dumplings.
Preparation of dumps on dumplings on mineral mineral
In addition to ordinary water, you can use mineral water. But not any, but stronger. It was noticed that when using such water, the dough for dumplings becomes much stronger and more elastic, it does not break and does not stick. When cooking, dumplings will not be revealed.
And plus the kitchen will be clean. After the kneading test, it will not be necessary to use additional flour for modeling, for sprinkting the surface. This advantage captives many owners.
- Room temperature carbonated water - 1 tbsp. (200 ml)
- Sunflower oil - 4 tbsp.
- egg - 1 pc.
- Salt - 1 tsp. without slide
- Sugar - 1 tsp. without slide
- Flour - 4 tbsp. (200 ml)
How to cook:
1. Drove egg in dishes, pour salt and sugar to it. Went in a whitewash or fork.
2. In the resulting mixture, add vegetable oil without smell, mix well.
3.There to the mass of gas production, stir. A foam will appear, this is normal.
4. Introduced to introduce flour. Immediately all do not need to put, plug in parts and mark. Work until the lump becomes elastic and stop sticking to the hands.
5. Turn the dough with a film or a towel to protect it from the tangle. Leave for a while (at least 20 minutes) on the table so that the mass rested.
You can put it in the refrigerator and use the dough the next day. Just take it out of the cold in advance so that it becomes room temperature.
6. Then everything happens in the same way as usual. Dumplings are made, boiled in broth and eaten with gusto by the whole family. They look very nice, even, do not creep, and remain dense. All in all, I recommend this simple recipe. It remains to stock up on soda!
How to make the dough on dumplings correctly so that it does not boil (recipe for kefir without eggs)
Above, I wrote how to make dumplings with water, soda, milk. The time has come for another good recipe for kefir. This time we will do it without eggs, with only three components. You can knead both by hand and in a combine. You need to knead with your hands for about 10 minutes, so be patient. Kitchen appliances will make this task much easier.
- kefir - 300 ml
- premium flour - 450 gr.
- salt - 1 tsp
1.The dough on kefir contains less flour than in the classic version. Therefore, the dumplings are tasty, tender and not clogged. However, they do not boil over. But you need to knead it well, for a long time. First you need to mix kefir with salt. If you are kneading in a mixer, then do it with the whisk attachment.
2. It is better to use sifted flour. Pour a third of the norm into kefir and stir with the same whisk until a homogeneous smooth mass.
3.Now replace the whisk with the thick dough attachment (hook), add half of the remaining flour and knead the mass with kefir at low speed. When this flour intervenes, add the rest.
4. Knead the dough until it becomes soft and slightly sticky.
5.Shape the finished mass into a ball and put it in a bag. Leave it warm for 40 minutes to dissolve the gluten in the flour. After that, sculpting from such a dough will be much easier, it will become more elastic.
6. After 40 minutes, lightly dust the work area with flour and quickly knead the dough with your hands. Now it is perfect, does not stick to your hands at all.
7. Make dumplings, and you may need additional flour to dust the table. You can use a dumpling machine to speed up the sculpting process. To do this, divide the large kolobok into several balls. Roll one ball into a thin layer, put it on the mold. Place the minced meat in the grooves. Cover the top with a second layer of dough.
8.Walk with a rolling pin to separate the cakes.
I recommend to all lovers of homemade dumplings to stock up on such a device that greatly helps in kitchen chores.
9.Now cook and taste whether the dumplings on kefir dough are delicious. And do not forget to write in the comments what happened.
A step-by-step recipe for a delicious dough for kefir dumplings with an egg
How to make dumplings with kefir and eggs? Now I will describe in detail the cooking process. There is nothing complicated, as, indeed, in the case of other recipes. So let's get started.
- kefir at room temperature - 500 gr.
- flour - 1 kg
- egg - 1 pc.
- salt - 1 tsp
- soda - 1 tsp
1.Pour kefir into a bowl, add baking soda and stir. The extinguishing reaction will begin and bubbles will appear on the surface. Then add salt, mix again. Whisk in the egg and whisk until smooth.
2.Now sift the flour and add it in portions. You can stir with a whisk first. When the dough is too thick, start kneading with your hands.
Do not take cold kefir. Let it stand warm for at least half an hour beforehand. Or heat slightly, stirring occasionally, so it doesn't turn into curd.
3.Do not add all the flour at once, you may need less. You don't need to clog the dough with excess flour, otherwise it will become too tough. Knead until the lump is soft, manageable and slightly sticky.
4. Cover the resulting blank with a towel or put it in a bag. Leave on the table to rest for 30 minutes. During this time, the dough will become denser and stop sticking.
5. Well, now you can start modeling and cooking. I hope you enjoy working with this recipe.
Cooking a good dough for homemade dumplings in a bread maker
If you are the owner of a bread machine, then knead the dough for dumplings in it, make your life easier. The kitchen will be clean, hands will not get tired - beauty. I will write how to knead the classic version on water in this unit.
- wheat flour of the highest grade - 400 gr.
- liquid (2 eggs + water) - 200 gr.
- salt - 1 tsp
- vegetable oil (olive or sunflower) - 2 tsp
1. Flour should be used sifted, so the dough will be more oxygenated. The proportion of flour and liquid is 2: 1. If you take 400 gr of flour, then the liquid should be 200 gr.
2.In the bread maker, first put two eggs and pour water at room temperature. In total, you should get 200 gr. For a more accurate measurement, use a kitchen scale. Place a bowl on top of them and weigh the eggs along with the water.
One egg weighs approximately 50 grams. Two eggs - 100 gr. This means that you need 100 grams of water.
3. Now add the amount of flour, salt and vegetable oil.
4. Place the pot in the bread maker and select the Dough program. Different models of this kitchen appliance may have different programs. For kneading, 20 minutes is enough. If you only have an option for yeast dough, designed for an hour and a half, then you can select it, but turn it off before the end.
Look at the work of the bread maker. If you see that the bun is poorly formed, you need to add a small amount of water (1-2 tsp).
5.Already after 3-4 minutes, all the products will gather in a lump. And let the dough continue to knead until good elasticity.
6. Remove the prepared mass, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for about 20 minutes. After the bread maker, the dumplings will be warm, soft and pleasant. It is easy to sculpt from it, it does not break.
7.During cooking, the work surface must be dusty with flour, as in the classic version.
The ideal dumplings dough with vinegar: the recipe is juicy and delicious
The vinegar dough will be surprisingly strong. At the same time, it will not be clogged with flour. It will be tasty, juicy, soft. For cooking, you need to observe certain proportions. For 1 kg of flour, you will need 0.5 liters of liquid. Therefore, for convenience, take a half-liter jar to accurately measure the right amount.
- eggs - 250 ml (5 pcs.)
- vinegar 9% - 50 ml
- vegetable oil - 100 ml
- water - 100 ml
- salt - 2 tsp
- sugar - 2-3 tsp
- premium flour - 1 kg
1.In a jar with a volume of 0.5 l, beat the eggs so that they fill exactly half of the container. This will require about 5 pieces.
2. Next, pour in 100 ml of refined sunflower oil and 50 ml of table vinegar. Add room temperature water to the top of the can to make half a liter of liquid.
3. Pour the contents of the jar into the mixing bowl. Add salt and sugar (to compensate for the acidity of the vinegar). Stir everything until smooth.
4.Pour in flour, preferably sifted beforehand. Stir in a bowl first and then pour onto the table.
5. Now the hardest physically business is to wash the dumplings. Do it until the kolobok becomes elastic.
6. Let the dumplings on the dumplings relax half an hour on the table under the towel, then you can roll it out and sculpt meat pellets. The flour for the modeling is not needed, nothing will stick to the table or to the hands.
7. Rate dumplings in water without salt, otherwise there will be a reasons.
Video on how to cook color dough on dumplings at home
Colored dumplings are always a holiday in the house. Many children will be pleasantly surprised by such an unusual dish. Prepare this bright dishes will not be difficult. In principle, everything is done, as in the classical version. Only vegetable juices are taken instead of water. For example, pink color is obtained using beets, yellow - this carrot tried, green - spinach, purple - red cabbage.
Another dough can be tinted with turmeric or tomato paste. Also, instead of spinach you can take a parsley. In general, it will also be beautiful, and tasty, and useful. Look at the detailed cooking process in the video below.
- Flour - 600 grams.
- Vegetable Juice - 240 ml
- Egg - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
- Salt - chipotch
It would seem that it could be new in such an old topic as dough for dumplings? But as you can see, there are several different recipes. Everyone can choose to your taste. If you want a variety, then prepare every time for a new version and your homemade will be pleasantly surprised by new tastes.
From the minced meat can also be prepared many other delicious dishes. I wish you a pleasant appetite!
Before proceeding to the description of the recipes and all kinds of variations of dumplings, I want to plunge a little in the history of the dishes. I will start my own story with the fact that the discoverer of this yoke is yummy, probably unknown so far, we can only guess ... well, or draw the truth from the old stories and artifacts.
To date, we know such options like Hincali, Ravioli, dumplings.
Pelmeni can not only cook, but also fry on sunflower or foam oil, right frozen, some hostesses bake in the oven with a side dish.
Legends go that dumplings came to us from Asia, straight from China, but how?
The first mention of them was found in Platonovsky treatise called "Pier" in the 300th century BC. There was described a dish consisting of meat wrapped in noodles.
How to cook dumplings and which stuffs for this can be used
In Russia, they appeared in the 19th century, they were called "ears", said meat beef, pork, lamb, vegetables, mushrooms and cottage cheese, it actually is our notorious dumplings.
Translated from Finno-Ugric "Pelmeni" as "bread ears", and another "ears of bread", so originally called them. Our ancestors of Siberians were preparing soup from them, seasoning with red vinegar.
The Tatars stuffed with mowing, venison, membrane, poultry meat, potatoes, chopped cubes.
Many traditions are associated with this dish. This is especially true of Russia.
In Siberia, a big friendly family is going to be a big friendly family at the table for pellement, prepared for the entire long frosty winter.
There was such a custom that the dish with dumplings was hoisted into the center of the table and all ate from it, it was a sign of the huge hospitality of the owner of the house, but if the products were laid out on plates, each guest separately, it marked that the owner wants to say goodbye to them.
They even wondered on them, put a coin in the filling and who got the dumpling "with a secret", prophesied wealth for a whole year.
Dough for dumplings - secrets and general principles of preparation
There are a great many variations of dumplings dough. But often it is unleavened food that is prepared. It is also used in the manufacture of ears, manti, dumplings, pies.
It is important that the dough is smooth, but not rubbery, because the final result of the finished dish largely depends on this.
So, you can brew the dough with boiling water, put it on fermented milk products, mineral water, whey, add or exclude chicken eggs from the recipe.
There are plenty of ways, as you like, but at least a couple or three recipes you need to know and be able to cook using them.
Alternate them to conquer the hearts and stomachs of people dear to you!
Dumplings and dumplings are dishes that cook very quickly, especially when you are too lazy to come up with something to cook, usually many hostesses tend to boil dumplings. Fast, tasty, easy!
In order for the dough to turn out and the whole process "eaten like clockwork", there is a certain list of basic recommendations, the observance of which will lead to culinary success.
Important: in the preparation of unleavened dough, the main thing is to adhere to the golden mean! It should not be too soft, otherwise, when boiled, the products lose their shape, acquire a not entirely attractive appearance. If the dough is too plastic, tight, dumplings are difficult to chew, they will be similar to plasticine.
For the filling, use minced pork and beef with the addition of finely chopped onions, in a 1: 1 ratio; for dumplings, take cottage cheese, potatoes with lard, vegetables, mushrooms.
Below, you will be presented with the main nuances used in the preparation of dumplings dough, it is also suitable for dumplings, ears, dumplings, baked goods.
How to make delicious dumplings dough
- The main component, of course, is flour, without it you can't cook a single dough! Therefore, be very careful about her choice.
It should not be of the first grade, namely the highest, oatmeal, but wheat is better, it has a higher content of gluten (gluten), and this is a very important point for the dough, it will turn out to be elastic, but not rubber, the products will not tear, boil and perfectly keep their appetizing appearance. The meat will not float separately, which is very infuriating for many people.
As you already understood, the best flour is chosen, for sure you already have a favorite brand of the manufacturer, pay attention to the color, it should be white. If all parameters agree, you can start cooking.
It is important that from high-quality dough, you can roll out thin circles of dough and not worry about the final result of the dish.
To understand the quality of flour, you need to try several brands and find one that will completely satisfy you.
Life hack: here's a little tip for you when choosing flour, it should be snow-white. Please note that when boiling, the product should not turn yellow and acquire a different shade. A good sign is that the dumplings are not torn and the meat is left inside.
This is exactly the kind of flour that you need to use when preparing unleavened dough.
Flour, even of the highest grade, must be passed through a strainer, this event helps to easily get rid of rolled lumps, dirt and foreign objects that could get into its composition.
Often there are such "instances" that, when cooking, omit this moment for some reason. I do not recommend doing this, this is a rather important stage in the process.
Little trick: Sifting flour not once, but twice, it is saturated with oxygen, all the smallest particles.
I very often draw your attention to the fact that current recipes omit this important detail for making dough. And very much in vain!
Do I need to salt the dough? Everyone proceeds from their own taste preferences, someone loves to be salty, others have enough salty filling, you can simply add salt to the water, already during boiling. In general, this question is individual.
- All liquids used during mixing should be warm, preferably at room temperature, it is better to use boiled water, not raw.
- If you exclude the egg mass from the recipe, then it can break during the sculpting process. To prevent this, pour a couple of tablespoons of sunflower oil into the flour.
- Kneading the dough is a rather lengthy procedure that takes at least 20 minutes. It should be plastic, dense, but not rubbery.
Each dough recipe contains an exact list of the amount of ingredients, as for flour, do not use all at once, add a little while kneading the dough, if there is an excess, the dough will resemble plasticine, and the finished products can be chewed, not chewed!
By the way, if you beat the dough, it will be even better. How to do it correctly, you need to take the lump in your hands, raise it at face level and throw it, repeat the steps a couple of dozen times.
- When the kneading is complete, shape the dough into a ball by wrapping it in foil or a cloth slightly dampened in water. So it will be saturated with moisture, and it will become easier to work with it. And most importantly, the finished products will completely retain their shape, will be not only satisfying, but also attractive!
- Do not put the dough in a cold place, put it in a deep bowl and just move it aside, and start making the filling yourself.
- If you got carried away and made so much dough that you could not use it up at one time, then put it in the refrigerator, then you can bake pies, pasties or cook dumplings. It will not last long, maximum half a week.
Dough for homemade dumplings according to the classic recipe
Permanent classics, always considered a priority option, as it is simple, without bells and whistles and everything always works out.
I bring to your attention several ways of making fresh dough using water, but so to speak for an amateur, with or without eggs, as you like. Try both, pick whichever you like best! Without eggs, the recipe is considered economical, it contains only water and flour.
With eggs it is "more fun", many people like this option more, so the finished dishes are more nutritious and satisfying. But everyone has their own preferences! So read, try, and how you try, decide!
Unleavened dough on water without eggs
Ingredients (based on 70 finished products):
- 750 gr. flour of the highest grade (always white);
- 120 ml boiled water;
- a pinch of fine salt.
- As mentioned earlier, the flour must be saturated with oxygen, passing it through a sieve at least 2 times, sift it immediately into a deep basin. So that later it would be more convenient to knead everything in one bowl.
- Pour a pinch of salt into a glass of warm water, stir until completely dissolved.
- In the middle of a bowl of flour, make a depression with your hand and with your left hand start pouring salted water in a thin stream, and with your right hand quickly knead from the center to the sides of the bowl, armed with a wooden spoon.
- As soon as the water in the glass runs out, start kneading the dough with both hands, you can mix flour in small quantities.
Its main sign will tell you about the readiness of the unleavened dough; it should not stick to the work surface and hands. It should also be noted that the dough becomes firm and stretches well.
- We beat off, as we taught you above, cover the top with a clean cloth soaked in water, wrap it on top in cellophane or film.
- We remove it to a warm place, it should "reach", in time for at least half an hour.
Once the dough is completely ready, we begin to sculpt.
What form to give, how to fold and all the other wisdom, we will tell at the end of the article.
To make the unleavened dough without eggs sticky, pour 100 ml into it. odorless sunflower oil.
Dumplings dough on water with eggs
- 500 gr. flour of the highest grade;
- 150 ml. boiled water;
- Saturate the flour with oxygen, in a known way, sifting through a strainer, at least a couple of times. Do not be lazy, then the dough will be the best consistency. To correctly measure the required amount of flour, use a measuring cup or a regular one, on average it contains 180 grams.
- We make a dimple in the middle of the flour, break the egg there, armed with a fork, start kneading from the center to the edges of the basin.
- Stir a pinch of salt in warm water.
- Continue stirring the mixture, gradually pouring in a thin stream of salted water, also into the center of the basin. When the dough is thicker, continue kneading with both hands, adding a pinch of flour each time.
Life hack: If you suddenly made a mistake, and did not sleep enough or poured some products. This can be easily fixed. The dough turned out to be soft - knead flour, hard and rubber - dilute the composition with water, preferably boiled.
It is best to follow the strictly step-by-step instructions of the recipe, but you never know, maybe you are used to doing it "by eye", you know nothing bad will happen, any mistake can be edited.
- The finished dough is beaten off using the standard method, covered with a damp cloth, or laid out on a rolling board, and covered with a bowl on top, in which the kneading was done. Let it "reach" at least half an hour.
If you are not kneading dumplings, but, for example, for manti or khinkali, add a little vinegar 9% table, so it turns out strong and smooth.
Choux pastry for homemade dumplings
To make choux pastry, you need to put a little more effort and take longer. But believe me, it's worth it!
This version of the dough is considered absolutely universal; dumplings, manti, pies, poses and all puff pastries are excellent from it.
Try to cook and you will understand that there is no better dough recipe.
You can knead more of it and cook different dishes in one day, because your household will be surprised and will certainly thank you!
Choux pastry is divided into 2 types, again with the addition of eggs and in their complete absence.
Choux pastry for dumplings without eggs on boiling water
- 2 ½ cups premium flour (white);
- 20 ml odorless sunflower oil (can be replaced with ghee);
- 200 ml. boiled water;
- 2 pinches of spices.
- We take a deepened bowl, sift the flour once, or preferably 2 or 3 times, make a hole in the center with a fist, pour sunflower oil or ghee into it, previously melted in a water bath. Start kneading from the middle to the sides of the basin.
- For choux pastry, choose a deep, thick-walled skillet or saucepan. Once you decide on a container, fill it with water and stir the salt until it is completely dissolved. Boil the mixture.
- Slowly start adding salted water to the finished oil and flour mass, continuing to stir vigorously, thereby getting rid of stray lumps.
- When the water runs out, cool the mass, continue kneading the dough with your hands.
- Sprinkle the table with a handful of flour and knead further, the finished dough does not stick to the hands and surface, beat it a little on the table.
As in the classic recipe, when ready, the dough is wrapped in cellophane or film, and is sent to “rest” for half an hour.
When forming finished products, do not add flour, otherwise you will spoil the consistency.
Below is a link to the video, it clearly shows all the steps that need to be performed in order to get an effective, plastic dough, it is pleasant not only to eat it, but also to touch it.
I came across methods of making choux pastry without using sunflower or other type of oil, and, conversely, with even more of it than in the above recipe. They are more often used for baking rather than hot dishes. Although, if you are interested, study the Internet, there are many articles.
Choux pastry for dumplings with eggs on boiling water
- 2 ⅓ cups of premium flour;
- 20 gr. ghee;
- 250 ml. boiled water;
- salt to taste.
- We saturate the flour with oxygen, using the double sieving method, so you will still get rid of the specks in it. In the very center of the flour slide, make a small hole with a glass or a cam, break an egg there.
- Next, knead the ghee, previously melted in a water bath.
- Boil water in a metal mug, dissolve salt in it.
- Gently pour the salted hot water into the total mass, without ceasing to knead.
- After cooling the dough, put it on a board, first knead with your hands, then, according to tradition, beat it a little on the table. You already know the consistency of the finished dough from past recipes.
- Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap, put aside, let it "come through" for at least half an hour.
Dough for homemade dumplings with milk
If you want to get a tender, porous, light dough that is pleasant even when you touch it, and the taste is just bliss, soft and pliable, then you should resort to using fermented milk products such as kefir, milk, sour cream.
Whatever it is, dumplings, dumplings, manti, when boiled, completely retain their shape and appetizing appearance.
Whenever possible, use homemade products, they contain more fat, and they are much healthier than "store" ones.
Now we will consider a couple of recipes with milk and one cooking method using kefir.
If milk or kefir is sour, it's okay, they can be used. Fat village milk, dilute with boiled water.
Here are 2 recipes for you: custard and "classic".
Choux pastry for dumplings with milk and eggs
- 550 gr. flour of the highest grade;
- a glass of fat country milk;
- a pinch of fine salt;
- boiled water for dilution.
- In a deep, thick-walled cast iron skillet, mix all ingredients, excluding flour. We add it in parts, when all other products are thoroughly mixed. The consistency of the dough should be similar to liquid sour cream, that is, having scooped it up with a spoon, it should overflow calmly.
- Heat the mass over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Do not leave the stove, otherwise the mass can quickly burn, it is almost impossible to get rid of the burning smell, the composition will only have to be thrown out. In consistency, it should resemble thick condensed milk. Do not boil under any circumstances, the egg mixture may curdle. If the dough is too thick, dilute with a little boiled water.
- When ready, remove the pan from the stove, add the remaining flour, start kneading the dough with a spoon, cool a little and start kneading with both hands.
The dough itself will tell about readiness, it will cease to be sticky.
- Remove it to the side, covering with a towel slightly dampened in water or a cellophane bag. It should "rest" for at least half an hour.
Dumpling dough - the classic way with milk and eggs
- 3 glasses without a slide of premium white flour;
- 250 ml. homemade milk with a fat content of 3.2%;
- melted butter;
- a couple of chicken eggs;
- a pinch of fine salt.
- Now instead of water, we will take milk, it should be warmed up over low heat, but not boiled, add a pinch of salt, stir until dissolved.
- Saturate the flour with oxygen, sifting it immediately into a bowl, in which all further actions will be carried out. Make a hole in the middle with a glass.
- Put the egg into the hole, start kneading with a whisk, pour in the ghee heated in a water bath, stir constantly.
- Add cooled milk last. Knead with both hands, at the end you can slightly beat the dough. It turns out to be elastic, pleasant to the touch and does not stick to the work surface. At the very beginning of the process, sticking cannot be avoided, so rub your hands with a drop of sunflower oil.
- The dough should "reach", as in the previous recipes, close the top of the bowl with a damp towel, let it brew for at least half an hour.
As in the previous recipes, you can break an egg into the dough in milk or completely exclude them.
Dough for dumplings on kefir
Finally, we got to the dough based on kefir, the name says "dumplings dough", but this is not entirely true, it is great for sculpting ears, dumplings, baking pies.
Kefir dough is tender and dense. In general, all fermented milk products are valued for the fact that they contain a sufficient amount of gluten in their composition. Finished products are obtained in the desired shape, do not boil over and do not lose their external qualities.
There are again a great variety of cooking methods, you can cook with the addition of eggs or exclude them altogether, or mix ghee or sunflower oil, or you can replace it with boiled water; there are recipes where part of the kefir is interchangeable with sour cream, bio - yogurt or whey.
The cooking method is practically the same, the steps remain the same.
You will always have time to experiment with fermented milk dough, and I bring to your attention the most simple way.
- 2 glasses of white flour of the highest grade without a slide;
- a glass of kefir, it is better to take fatter;
- a pinch of fine salt.
How to make dough for kefir dumplings:
- Kefir should not be ice-cold, so slightly heat it in a water bath, pour kefir into a metal mug and put it in a saucepan or metal plate, send it to the fire, do not boil. Dissolve salt in warmed kefir.
To knead the dough, take a basin, pour the salted fermented milk product into it.
- Add flour, you only need to leave a couple of handfuls for adding, this is about half a glass. Begin kneading from the center to the sides of the basin. First, with a spoon, then with both hands, at the end, beat it, lifting it above the table and throwing it at it, from a height of 20-30 cm.
- Close the basin with kefir dough with a damp clean cloth, put it aside to infuse for half an hour.
The dough turns out to be steep, but at the same time soft. It is not necessary to use it all at once, you can send it to the freezer, but not for long, for a maximum of 2-3 days.
Dough for dumplings with mineral water
Instead of kefir, milk and other liquid, take mineral water with gases as a basis. Due to them, mineral water is equated to kefir, so when the bubbles begin to play, the composition of the flour is enriched with a sufficient amount of oxygen. The dough turns out to be especially tender, dense, smooth.
You can buy absolutely any mineral water, with the exception of highly salted options. Please note that you need to take highly carbonated water, the dough will be porous and light, like a "feather". This is downright dumplings dough.
How to make a dough for dumplings with mineral water:
- ½ kilogram of snow-white flour;
- 20 gr. ghee;
- 200 ml. highly carbonated slightly salted mineral water;
- 2 pinches of salt.
- Do not put mineral water in the refrigerator, let it be kept at room temperature. It is necessary that it was exactly warm, put it closer to the batteries. Subsequently, we will need to dissolve a couple of pinches of salt in it.
- Break an egg to a mineral water, melt the cubes of ghee, beat with a whisk.
- Add flour in portions, fill in, stir immediately. As soon as the dough is dense enough, so that "there will be a spoon in it," pour a handful of flour on the plate and start kneading with both hands.
- Knead for at least 20 minutes, until the dough stops sticking to the table.
- Cover the top of the basin with a cloth soaked in water, send it to "rest" for half an hour.
- There is enough oil according to the recipe so that the dough is not too sticky, it is not only airy and porous, but also delicate to the touch, pleasant to the taste, and circles for dumplings can be rolled very thinly, when boiled they will keep themselves in excellent shape.
The bread maker is designed to knead the dough, with a variety of variations and compositions. And for dumplings, and for buns, in general, what your darling wishes.
So, if you have a bread maker, then it's a sin not to use it. The recipe, by the way, is quite suitable for kneading by hand, but automation, it is gaining momentum from year to year among chefs and chefs, now no kitchen is complete without a mixer, blender, toaster, microwave and other devices necessary for cooking dishes.
The recipe is also good because instead of liquids we will use sour cream. The dough will “melt in your mouth” and will retain its shape during further cooking. Moreover, it will also be custard, which means elastic and elastic, what we need!
- 600 gr. flour of the highest grade, preferably white;
- 50 ml. sour cream, you can take home or store, of your choice.
- 100 ml boiled water;
- a pinch of salt.
How to make choux pastry for dumplings with sour cream on boiling water in a bread maker:
- Dissolve the salt particles in half a glass of warm water.
- In a separate bowl, whisk a chicken egg and 4 tablespoons of baked sour cream.
- We begin to combine the ingredients according to the list, pour salted water into a special container for a bread machine, knead the egg and sour cream mass, add flour.
- We set the "kneading dough" mode, in different models, there may be different names. We set the kneading time, at least half an hour. We wait.
What I like most about this process is the appearance of the maximum amount of free time, you can fantasize about what kind of filling to "compose" or just do household chores.
- When the dough is completely ready, the bread maker will notify you, you do not need to go and look closely, follow the process. Everything will go perfect!
The only negative, such a dough "reaches" for about an hour. If time is not running out for you, the guests are in no hurry, and the household is full, then there can be no talk of any minuses!
Colored dough for dumplings
Especially for cheerful, creative people in everything, a video was found on the Internet, describing all kinds of colors in which you can lining boring ordinary white dumplings.
What is most interesting is no artificial colors, only natural products, with pronounced pigments. There is absolutely no difficulty, follow the link and see in detail how to cook dumplings:
We have already learned how to get colorful products using greens and vegetables, now we will learn how to shape them, as well as how to sculpt dumplings - a delicious salad recipe.
4 ways to make dumplings
The first way.
We start sculpting dumplings, divide the finished dough into several parts, take one part, cover the rest with foil, set it aside.
Use a wooden board to roll out the dough, or shape the products directly on the table with a handful of flour. While not required, this nuance varies by recipe.
Clamping the dough between palms, roll out a neat sausage, cut into circles, they are about 20-25 pieces, a couple of centimeters thick. We dip the cut "stumps" into flour on both sides and begin to roll out even thin circles with a rolling pin, but not transparent.
Use half of the sausage, stuff the products, when there are a lot of them they begin to stick to each other, connect the edges by folding in half, pinch the ends, if you are cooking dumplings, then do not round off the products.
Divide the dough into 2 equal parts, roll out a thin large cake with a rolling pin, arm yourself with a faceted glass or shot glass, start cutting out round pieces. It will take much less time, and the dumplings will visually look the same.
Do the same for the second part of the test.
As in the previous method, roll out the cake, only cut into diamonds. We stuff like this, put the filling on the edge of the diamond, connect the upper and lower opposite corners, cut off the excess, pinch the edges.
Well, as without automation and useful kitchen utensils. I'm talking about a dumpling maker now. This device has been known since Soviet times, but you can buy it in our time, if you do not have it, it significantly reduces the time for sculpting, see the video below and see for yourself:
There are also plastic clamps with carved edges, which is also a very interesting option. They are found on all store counters.
We introduced you to all sorts of ways, try them all at least, you will not regret it!
In this topic, we will look at how to make the perfect dough for homemade dumplings.
With homemade dumplings, a store creation will never even stand next to it. And the point is not only in the preparation itself, in which the soul is invested, but also in the components themselves. And the dough for dumplings sets a special note. There are many options for its preparation with the replacement of various components. For example, ordinary eggs are replaced with quail product, and instead of water we pour in whey or mineral water. And each of the recipes is interesting in its own way.
Three of the best dumplings dough recipes
In general, dough with meat is not only nutritious, but also incredibly tasty. The dumplings themselves came to us from the cold Urals, where the dough did not crack even after long freezing, and the product itself retained all its taste.
Oddly enough, but for the test, we exclude eggs, milk, butter or whey, sour cream and similar flavor enhancers.
A few tips on how to make the perfect dumpling dough
- the dough should be very elastic and thin! This is the main secret. And the tenacity of the dough will help to make the cooled, even ice-cold water. Although a warm product will contribute to the rapid maturation of the dough itself;
- also give elasticity to the dough and a certain strength when rolling. egg;
- give soft structure and tenderness to taste can milk;
- vegetable oil it will also make the dough more resistant, allowing you to compactly lay the product for freezing. This eliminates the gluing of dumplings to each other. And also this component contributes to a better connection of joints;
- it is better to salt not the flour itself, but the liquid. This is what will make the dough evenly salty;
- In no case should the dough become sour during cooking! Therefore, always take premium flour from durum wheat. For example, of the durum type. The high grade provides good gluten, which allows the layer itself to be rolled very thinly without the formation of holes;
- And don't forget - a good dough for dumplings must be saturated with oxygen! therefore sift the flour twice;
- and we beat off well! We recall the method of preparing minced meat - this is how we do the dough. Just a few times is enough;
- and do not forget that the dough should "rest" a little before work. Therefore, covered with a damp towel or wrapped in cling film and put in a cool place for 20-30 minutes. The secret is that under the influence of moisture, gluten swells and it becomes easier to work with the dough;
- and kneading for the formation of ductility is at least 15 minutes.
Note: The remaining dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days!
Real dumplings dough has only three components for 40-50 pieces:
- water - 0.5 glass (125 ml);
- flour - 2 cups or 280 g;
- salt - 0.5 tsp. or 5 g.
1. Dilute the salt in water until the crystals are completely dissolved.
2. Sift the flour well 2 times into a deep bowl or immediately on the table - as you like. Let's make a recess in the very center.
3. Pour water in small portions into the resulting hole. And we gradually begin to add the surrounding flour to this “lake”, adding the remaining liquid.
4. First, mix everything with a spoon or hand, but you only need to knead the dough on a board or table. At the same time, you should not press hard, because the dough can be "squeezed" a little. Movements should be quick and easy.
5. To achieve maximum efficiency, it is worth spending at least 15 minutes at this stage. On the cut, a good dough should be firm, but with a few flecks of air.
6. The dough will tell about its readiness by the fact that it starts to easily leave the hands. At the same time it will have a very flexible and pliable texture.
7. We transfer the formed ball into a bowl, where we kneaded the dough, cover with a slightly damp napkin and send it to the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
8. We take it out and leave it on the table for another 10 minutes. After that, we start sculpting.
Incredibly tender dough for Siberian dumplings: with the addition of milk
- water - 125 ml;
- milk - 125 ml;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l. without a slide;
- egg - 1 pc.;
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 500 g.
1. According to this recipe, we act according to a slightly different scheme - we combine all the liquid components.
2. To do this, dissolve the salt in water, and then pour in the milk. Please note that the dough will cook faster, we take water and milk slightly warm.
3. Beat the mixture with a whisk. Pour in vegetable oil and drive in eggs. Beat again until lightly fluffy.
4. We pour the flour into the liquid mixture in portions, stirring well with a spoon. You can work with your hand as you like. By doing this, you minimize clumping.
5. When all the flour is poured in, then transfer the dough to the table and begin to knead it. You need to spend at least 15 minutes charging it with your positive thoughts and love!
6. Cover it with foil and set it aside while we are cooking minced meat.
Ideal and simple dumplings dough: based on vegetable oil, for freezing
- flour - 4 cups or 640 grams;
- salt - 1 tsp or 10 grams;
- water - 200 ml;
- refined vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- egg - 2 pcs.
1. Sift the flour in the same way, pour salt into the groove.
2. According to this recipe, we will act like choux pastry - use hot water, but not boiling water!
3. While doing this, we pour 3/4 cup of water. And the rest - add oil, that is, 1/4.
4. Stir and gradually pour into the flour, constantly kneading the dough. We do it with a spoon.
5. Beat 2 eggs in a separate container and pour into the dough. Mix everything well again. It is thanks to this variety of components that this recipe is suitable even for inexperienced housewives. Since the dough itself is very easy to work with, and the dumplings are excellent!
6. Then we spread the dough on the table and begin to knead well.
7. Moreover, the simplicity of this recipe is that you can immediately start sculpting dumplings.
It is impossible to call any one recipe the best - after all, each of them is special in its own way and incredibly tasty. But by testing, you can find the best dumplings dough among the best contenders, which all households will certainly appreciate.
Store counters are filled with various options for dumplings, but still this is a family dish and having prepared the dough for homemade dumplings on your own several times, you will own the base, and you can fill the dumplings with any desired ingredients, attract children to this exciting activity, freeze part of the dish for subsequent cooking. Check out 9 of the most popular and delicious dough recipes.
Classic water dumplings dough with egg
The most famous and simple recipe for making homemade dough. You can use it both for sculpting dumplings and for making dumplings, manti, pasta.
Cooking time: 1 hour
Calories: 234 kcal
Proteins: 7.9 г
Fats: 1.4 г
Carbohydrates: 50.6 г
Flour should be used white of the highest grade. Be sure to sift it 2 times into a bowl through a sieve, so it will be saturated with oxygen and the dough will be airy, without lumps.
Make a depression in the center of the flour, beat in an egg and start kneading the dough with a spoon.
Take a glass of warm water, add salt, stir and allow time to dissolve completely. Pour water slowly into flour, stirring occasionally.
When the dough begins to thicken, knead it with your hands. To obtain an elastic dough, you need to do this for 15 minutes. Cover the dough with a bowl and let it brew for 30 minutes. Then you can use it to make dumplings.
Choux pastry recipe for boiling water dumplings
By using boiling water, the flour is brewed, and such a dough is perfectly molded. It is soft, pliable and does not stick at all during rolling and does not break either during cooking or after freezing.
- Wheat flour of the highest grade - 3.5 cups.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. l.
- Water (boiling water) - 2/3 cup.
- Place a raw egg in a deep bowl, add oil and salt. Sift three glasses of premium flour through a sieve, so you remove foreign particles, saturating it with oxygen, thanks to which the dough will become homogeneous. Combine the flour with the egg mixture and stir well.
- Boil the kettle. Pour boiling water into the dough in a thin stream and stir at the same time with a spatula.
- After the flour has thickened, start kneading the dough with your hands in a bowl until all the flour in the bowl is kneaded. After that, pour the remaining 1/2 cup flour onto a clean table and continue working with the dough on the table or board until smooth for 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a bowl to keep it dry and crusty. Leave to be upset for 20 minutes.
- The dumplings dough is ready, you can cook from it, or freeze it, or store it in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Elastic dough for making dumplings in a bread maker
In the modern rhythm of life, a bread maker is an indispensable technique for lovers of dough dishes, including dumplings and dumplings with different fillings. You save your time and save your pens. We will prepare colored elastic dough from natural dye.
- Wheat flour, premium quality - 900 g.
- Egg C-0 - 2 pcs.
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cold drinking water - 420 ml.
- Olive oil EV - 2 tablespoons l.
- Parsley or spinach - 1 bunch
- Divide all ingredients except greens into 2 equal parts. We should have 2 tests. Place the straight dough accessory in the bread maker's bucket.
- Prepare the water and eggs to be at room temperature. Measure the amount of flour, sift it separately several times and pour it into the stove along with salt, add butter and break the egg.
- Place the bucket in the bread maker, add water, set the Dumplings program. Depending on the model, the name may differ. The dough is kneaded in the apparatus for about 15-20 minutes. If the dough collects in the corners, use a spatula to push it up.
- Remove the finished dough from the dishes, wrap in plastic and leave to rest for 30 minutes. Then you can roll out the dough and form dumplings.
- To get a green dough, put 210 ml in advance. water in the freezer. Chop the greens and transfer to a blender with 50 ml. water from the freezer, chop until smooth and add the rest of the water, turn on the blender for 5 seconds to mix the ingredients.
- Add the green mass to the rest of the ingredients in the bucket of the bread machine and knead in the same program. When ready, wrap the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Both doughs can be used separately or you can roll out the green dough a little, put a white dough in the center, wrap it up and put it in the cold for an hour.
- It turned out a colored dough, you can make unusual dumplings from it. Create with pleasure!
Dough recipe for homemade dumplings with vegetable oil
Butter gives the dough excellent elasticity, and it is very comfortable to sculpt from it, it rolls out perfectly and is quite plastic. But, it is important not to overdo it, otherwise the dough will not hold together when sculpting. Follow our step-by-step instructions to start the dough properly.
- Wheat flour of the highest grade - 4 glasses.
- Egg - 2 pcs.
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Boiling water - 250 ml.
- Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. l.
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Sift wheat flour twice in a bowl with a slide, break 2 eggs into it, add granulated sugar and salt.
- Knead the mixture with a spoon, slowly and carefully, it will turn out like flakes. Pour in vegetable oil and knead again.
- Add boiling water and boil the flour, stirring gently with a spoon.
- When the dough has cooled down a little, you can go to kneading with your hands, sprinkle flour on the table and hands and proceed. Continue working with the dough; you can add a little flour if necessary.
- Well-kneaded dough is the key to great dumplings. When you think the dough is ready, soak your hands in the oil and knead the dough again. Collect it in a ball, cover with a towel and leave to rest for 30 minutes, this is important for the gluten to swell so that the dumplings do not fall apart. The dough will be soft and elastic at the same time.
Dough for dumplings with milk at home
Let's make a dough for dumplings based on milk and water. Such dough does not tear or creep during cooking. A step-by-step recipe will help you correctly knead a delicious and tender dough in milk.
- Wheat flour of the highest grade - 450 g.
- Chicken egg - 1 pc.
- Milk - 100 ml.
- Water - 100 ml.
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Sift the wheat flour into a large bowl, preferably 2 times, to avoid unnecessary particles and lumps and to give the dough some airiness.
- Combine cold milk and cold water in one container.
- Make a funnel in the center of the flour and break a raw egg and salt into it.
- Use a spatula to knead the dough, add a little milk and knead the dough initially in a bowl until the flour runs out.
- Pour 2 tbsp on your desktop. l. flour, transfer the dough and knead for another 10 minutes. The dough will turn out to be steep, roll it into a ball, place it in a bag, wrap it tightly and leave it on the table to rest for 1 hour.
- Lying dough will change its structure and become elastic and soft. Enjoy cooking!
A simple recipe for dumplings without adding eggs
When you run out of eggs at home, or you don't eat animal foods for reasons of conviction, or are fasting, this recipe is a great solution. Just don't overdo it with flour so the dough doesn't get tough.
- Wheat flour of the highest grade - 3 glasses
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Water - 1 glass.
- Considering that there is practically one ingredient in the recipe, its quality is very important, namely the gluten content of the flour. The peculiarity of gluten is that it swells by absorbing water. Sift the flour twice into a bowl.
- Add salt to a glass of water and stir, leave to dissolve.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in some water, stirring with a spoon, add water and start kneading.
- When all the flour is mixed with water, continue kneading the dough with your hands. Knead on the table until the dough is smooth and smooth and easy to get out of your hands.
- Beat the dough on the table by throwing it lightly several times. Gather the dough into a ball, it should hold its shape and not spread. Cover it with a damp towel and let it "break" for 20 minutes.
- The dough is ready, you can sculpt dumplings.
How to make a dough for dumplings with mineral water?
Butter dough on mineral water will be airy and with a soft consistency. Be sure to use carbonated water for cooking. The dumplings stick together tightly and the filling does not fall out during cooking.
- Wheat flour, premium grade - 600 g.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Mineral sparkling water - 250 ml.
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Sugar - ½ tsp.
- Break a raw egg into a bowl and add mineral water. Whisk the foaming mixture.
- Add granulated sugar and salt, stir.
- Saturate flour with oxygen, removing unnecessary particles, breaking lumps - for this sift through a sieve several times. Gradually add flour to the rest of the ingredients.
- Knead the dough, adding flour in parts. It should stop sticking to your hands. Transfer the dough to a floured table and continue to work with it for another 10 minutes until elastic.
- Wrap the dough in a bag and set aside for 20 minutes. It is very pleasant to work with such a dough, and the dumplings are just fabulously delicious!
Step-by-step recipe for making dough for kefir dumplings
The dough on kefir turns out to be easier to digest and does not boil during cooking. Dumplings on such a dough can be boiled, steamed, fried with butter in a pan or baked.
- Wheat flour, premium grade - 500 g.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Kefir - 200 g.
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Soda - ½ tsp.
- Sugar - ½ tsp.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l.
- Combine butter, salt, baking soda, granulated sugar in a small and deep bowl. Mix the contents with a blender. The baking soda will loosen the dough.
- Soda is extinguished with kefir at room temperature. Pour it slowly into the dough and continue to beat with a blender. Beat in an egg.
- Sift the flour through a sieve and add a little to the dough. Knead the dough in a bowl first.
- As soon as the dough becomes thick, sprinkle flour on the table, also sprinkle flour on your hands and knead for 10 minutes.
- Gather the dough into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap and place in the cold for 60 minutes. Kefir dough for dumplings must be rolled out thinly. When cooked, they first increase in size and then take on their normal size. Enjoy making dumplings!
Diet dough for rice flour dumplings (PP recipe)
Rice flour is less malleable when kneading dough than wheat flour, but at the same time it is a dietary food product, contains minerals and trace elements that are useful for the body and does not contain gluten. To cook with this product, you need to know some secret points that we are ready to reveal to you right here.
- Rice flour - 3 cups.
- Chicken egg - 1 pc.
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Boiling water - 1/2 cup.
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l.
- Sift the rice flour and pour into a bowl. Pour half a glass of boiling water into the center. Knead the flour quickly with a spoon until it brews and the dough becomes docile.
- Beat the egg and salt with a fork until smooth and add half a glass of water at room temperature.
- Add the egg mixture to the dough piece, mix with vegetable oil and knead first with a spoon, and when it becomes difficult - with your hands greased with flour.
- Gather the dough into a ball, wrap with foil and place in the cold for 2 hours. The rice flour should absorb water and the dough will become firm.
- The rice dough is ready. It needs to be rolled out very thinly, if necessary, dust your hands with rice flour.
Enjoy your rice dough cooking!
Few can resist the smell and taste of freshly cooked dumplings or dumplings. No, we are not talking about convenience store products, but about a dish prepared with our own hands. After all, it is in homemade performance that dumplings turn out to be especially tasty and satisfying. But how do you make them so that everyone is delighted? The answer is obvious - choose the right recipe for dumplings and. accordingly, the filling.
With the filling, everything is much easier - you can do it with minced meat, vegetables, mushrooms. We will tell you, in turn, how to properly prepare the dough for dumplings. Many in this regard probably have their own culinary secrets. If you do not have them and you have decided to cook this dish for the first time, then our dumplings dough recipes will definitely come in handy for you.
Classic recipe for dumplings
Our proposed version of the dumplings dough is considered traditional. Moreover, it is the simplest one. For it, we need only four main products, and mixing it will take literally half an hour.
Check that you have the following foods in your kitchen:
- Wheat flour (w / c) - 0.5 kilograms (almost 4 faceted glasses);
- Chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- Cold water - 200 grams (1 faceted glass);
- Salt - 1 small spoon.
You can salt it at your discretion - theoretically, you can do without salt.
It is most convenient to knead directly on the kitchen table or other flat surface:
- The flour must first be sifted using a strainer. After that, pour it out and form a small slide.
- In the middle of the formed "hill" we make a depression into which we successively drive both eggs.
- Next, add a small part of water there and proceed to kneading the dough. It is best to knead from the edges to the middle.
- In the process, gradually add water and do not stop mixing.
- As a result, it should become quite elastic for you. Roll the finished dough, cover with a napkin or towel and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- In half an hour you can safely start sculpting your favorite dumplings.
Correctly prepared dough on dumplings according to the classic recipe successfully complements any chosen filling. All that remains is to wish you a pleasant lunch or dinner.
Hot water dumplings dough
The classic recipe for dumplings dough involves the use of cold water. But we assure you that it is possible to cook just an excellent dough on a hot one - it also will not fall apart when you start cooking dumplings.
For this recipe, prepare:
- Wheat flour (w / s) - 1 kilogram;
- Chicken egg - 2 pieces;
- Sunflower oil - 2 tablespoons;
- Salt - 1 tablespoon;
- Water - 400 milliliters.
It is best to take not just hot water, but boiling water.
Such a dough is kneaded quite simply:
- We take a deep container in which we will knead the ingredients.
- Pour the pre-sifted flour into it and drive in both chicken eggs.
- Then pour in the sunflower oil and then add salt.
- Mix the ingredients lightly. You can use a regular fork to mix, but the best way is to use a mixer.
- Then we begin to gradually pour in boiling water, while we do not stop stirring the dough all this time using a mixer.
- The output should be (if the recommendations are followed correctly) a homogeneous and sufficiently elastic dough.
With such a recipe for dumplings, you will not have to observe in your saucepan not the most pleasant picture when the dumplings fall apart and their contents are cooked separately.
Dough for dumplings with milk
Many people quite reasonably believe that the most delicious dough for dumplings is obtained according to a special recipe with milk. We, perhaps, will not argue with this, but rather tell you how to knead dairy dumplings correctly.
We need the following products:
- Cow's milk - half a glass;
- Wheat flour (w / s) - 0.4 kilograms (this is about 3 glasses);
- Sunflower oil - 1 tablespoon;
- Warm water - one third of the glass;
- Chicken egg - 1 piece;
- Salt - on the tip of a spoon (at your discretion).
If you do everything right, then the dough will definitely turn out tasty, strong and well stretched - just right for good dumplings.
It will take you about 25 minutes to prepare this dough:
- As usual, the flour should be sieved through a strainer. After that, pour it onto a flat surface (for example, a table) - this will make it much more convenient to mix the ingredients of the dough.
- In a separate container, mix milk with warm water, then add salt to them.
- We rake the flour into a hill, in the middle of which we make a large enough notch.
- Pour the water-milk mixture into this depression, and then drive in the egg.
- Next, add the butter and begin directly kneading the dough.
- We knead first from the edge to the middle. We continue the process until our dough turns into a homogeneous and viscous mass.
- So that our dumplings dough is finally ripe, cover it on top and leave it alone for at least half an hour.
This time is enough to prepare the filling for your favorite meat dumplings or sweet dumplings. If you follow our step-by-step recommendations for the dough recipe correctly, you will get gorgeous homemade dumplings - just like in the photo.
Classic dough for dumplings with the addition of semolina
Making dumplings is a great occasion to gather your loved ones at one table. Who would refuse such a treat, and even at home. It remains only to decide on your favorite filling and correctly knead the elastic dough for dumplings according to our recipe.
For this we need the following products:
- Wheat flour (w / s) - 0.5 kilograms;
- Cool water - 200 milliliters (1 glass);
- Chicken egg - 1 piece;
- Sunflower (vegetable) oil - 1 teaspoon;
- Semolina - a third of a teaspoon;
- Salt - 1 tablespoon.
This dough is also suitable for dumplings with sweet filling.
We will knead in a deep and wide bowl:
- According to the good old tradition, we must sift the flour through a strainer and pour it into a bowl.
- In the middle of the formed flour hill, we form a dimple into which we will add the rest of the ingredients.
- First we drive an egg into the formed recess, and then add oil and pour in semolina.
- Stir the salt in a glass of water and pour it into the flour.
- Next, we begin to knead the dough. This should be done with a spoon or fork (at least at the beginning), and then continue with your hands.
- Knead for about 10-12 minutes. If the dough has stopped sticking to your hands, then you can finish.
- The dough must still fully ripen, for which we leave it for half an hour, covering it with a napkin or towel.
After 30 minutes, you can safely proceed to the formation of dumplings. You can make them in any shape - if you followed our step-by-step recipe, then the dough will not fall apart when cooking.
Choux pastry for dumplings
Perhaps one of the best dough recipes for homemade dumplings should rightfully be called custard. It is kneaded a little longer than with the classic recipe, but it turns out to be very stretchy.
If you have chosen the custard version of the test, then you will need:
- Water - 2 cups (400 milliliters)
- Wheat flour (w / s) - 0.6 kilograms (4 glasses with a slide);
- Butter - 50 grams;
- Chicken egg - 2 pieces;
- Sunflower oil - 1 tablespoon;
- Salt - at your discretion.
The indisputable advantage of custard dumplings is the ability to roll it out in a thin layer and at the same time not be afraid that future dumplings will be damaged during cooking.
Such a dough is kneaded in two stages:
- First, we sift the flour and divide it into two equal parts.
- Pour water into a saucepan, add sunflower and butter to it, salt to taste. We put the resulting mixture on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Pour the first half of the flour into boiled water (brew), turn off the stove and quickly stir with a spatula or spoon.
- Stir quickly until all the flour is mixed with the rest of the ingredients and there are no lumps left.
- After that, cover the container with foil and wait until this part of the dough cools down a little.
- When this happens, we continue to knead the dough. We drive both eggs into the brewed part and mix well.
- Next, pour the remaining flour onto a flat surface, and put the kneaded choux pastry on top. After that, we begin to mix the flour into the dough. We continue these manipulations until we get a homogeneous dough. After that, we put it in the refrigerator - it is enough to keep it there for half an hour.
It is very easy to form dumplings and dumplings from choux pastry. It stretches well, rolls thinly and holds well.
Dough for dumplings on mineral water
This recipe is used by not so many people and, by the way, in vain. The dough turns out to be great, and it is a pleasure to form the final product from it.
We need the following components:
- Mineral water (with or without gas) - 200 milliliters;
- Wheat flour (w / s) - 450-500 grams (3.5-4 cups);
- Sunflower oil - 4 tablespoons;
- One chicken egg;
- Granulated sugar - half a teaspoon;
- Salt - half a teaspoon.
The listed number of ingredients is enough to prepare dumplings for a large family.
Such a dough is prepared very quickly:
- Sift the flour without fail and pour it into a deep plastic bowl. Pour out not all entirely, but leave a little (no more than half a glass).
- Next, sugar and salt sugar, then drive the egg.
- Then pour mineral water and sunflower oil into a bowl.
- After that, go to kneading the test - it is better to use a spoon at the beginning, and then do it with your hands.
- It is much more convenient, since you will feel, sticks the dough or not, and as needed to be a flour.
- When the dough became elastic and stopped sticking to hand - this is an explicit testimony of what you did everything right.
If you replace mineral water to normal water, then you will get a classic dumplings on dumplings. Which option to choose is to solve you. The main thing is to follow our step-by-step recommendations and then the dough will get the desired consistency and composition.
3 dinner for two with free